– 24 Solar panels are providing power (including lights and fans) at BGC for lecturers and students alike. This increases the capacity of the college enormously!
– 4 visiting lecturers have taught at BGC so far this semester and although there have been some challenges, students are growing in the grace of God and in their knowledge of the scriptures.
– Visiting lecturers have been partnering with part-time BGC faculty, filling in where needed and teaching their courses in cooperation and collaboration with existing lecturers. This is providing a wonderful, mutual learning environment for both visiting lecturers, existing lecturers and students alike.
– Although no BGC faculty were identified this year to commence post-grad studies at GWC the presence of the visiting lecturers has been very welcome as the student intake for this semester was nearly twice that of previous semesters
– One graduate has been nominated to potentially commence BTh at GWC in Cape Town this coming year. It is already past the cut off time for this application, however hopefully the college might make an exception this time! Stay tuned…
– Two BGC staff and three students have been identified to commence studies in 2017 at GWC
– “The Whole Counsel of God” foundational course will be held in the Torit diocese in South Sudan. This will include pastors from Torit, Nimule and Kapoeta. Plans are to hold 4 courses throughout the country next year
– Negotiations are taking place with Langham Literature to determine the best means of importing a large number of books for the BGC library
– Overseas Council of Australia have visited the college this month and met with Samual Marial and Darien Khlentzos exploring ways that they might assist the college and this initiative. Their CEO, Stuart Brooking will be meeting with their board of directors early in January to discuss Stuart’s recommendations. Watch this space!
God is truly strengthening the Church in South Sudan…to Him alone be the Glory!
Core Training and Development Ltd. (Australia) and K2015288970, trading as “Core Training South Africa”, CORE, are interdenominational Christian charities, registered in Australia and South Africa respectively.